Harmon Field and The Jennings Center Track and Field Complex Proejct
What follows is an explanation of the deficiencies of the current Harmon Field complex, and then a breakdown of the proposed solutions, an overview of the plan to modernize the facilities, and the phases of the plan.
THE PROPOSED LAYOUT
Areas of Need
- Protective railings are not up to current standards. Rail supports are falling apart.
- Most aisle surface paint has lifted.
- Electrical conduits severely corroded.
- Stadium electrical services are antiquated not up to current electrical code standards.
- Overhead electrical lines do not meet safety clearances.
- Track lanes and clearances not up to recommended standards.
Facilities Improvement Plans
- Provide New Track & Field North of the Current Location
- Provide Football Field Improvements and Turf Upgrade
- Provide New Facility to House Restrooms and Locker Rooms
- Provide Renovation/Replacement of Concrete Stadium, Seating and Press Box
Steps to Moving the Project Forward
- Friends of Harmon Field Commitment
- School Board’s acceptance that the Plan is feasible
- Set-up and utilization of an existing non-profit structure
- Development of sound fundraising and marketing plan
Relocation of Track and Construction of Multi-Use Playing Field
Sequence of Work
- Secure Funding
- Board Approval
- Design of Track & Field Facility
- Secure Permits and Approvals
- Bidding of Work
- Award of Contract
- Construction of Project
Anticipated Schedule* (upon funding)
- Month 1 – Board Approval
- Month 2 – Topographic Survey of Site & Begin Design
- Month 3 – Complete Design
- Month 4 – Secure Approvals
- Month 5 – Bidding & Award of Contract
- Months 6, 7 and 8 – Construction
*Anticipated schedule may need to be modified depending on start date of project to avoid winter construction and variables associated with facility use.